Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Speak Kindness!

It always feels so natural around the start of the year to clean house, make resolutions, start new habits and kick out the old!  So for my new beginning, this year I really started thinking about the way I speak and communicate with others and myself.  We have so many interactions throughout the day and if you are like me, then you have several different types of conversations depending upon the context, company and environment .  For me, I go from "Sales Manager Steph" to "Doula Steph" to "Casual Friend Steph"- not to mention the continuous inner dialogue.  I found that for me there is growth to be had in ALL areas.  

As I was researching my 2014 Action Plan to turn this vision into a reality, I ran across a great book I read a while back so I decided to bring it out for a re-read. 

Words Can Change Your Brain
The Neuroscience of Communication

No comments:

Post a Comment